The Fisheries & Angling Conservation Trust (FACT), is very concerned by the report
that a gang of masked animal rights activists
The Fisheries & Angling Conservation Trust (FACT), the national umbrella organisation for fisheries conservation and angling, is very concerned by the report that a gang of masked animal rights activists attacked a group of anglers enjoying a days fishing at a fishery in Lancashire. In particular FACT deplores the alleged criminal damage and assault on anglers, which has no place in society let alone at a fishery where people are enjoying a peaceful day out.
The Trust understands that the police are investigating the incident and it looks forward to learning that the full force of the law will be invoked to bring the perpetrators to court.
FACT Chairman, Jim Glasspool, comments:
“The despicable behaviour demonstrated by the saboteurs is totally unacceptable. FACT directors will be pressing for an urgent meeting with Home Office officials and Government Agencies to ensure all steps are taken to protect anglers and other members of the public from further unprovoked attacks.”
Notes For Editors
1. The Fisheries & Angling Conservation Trust (FACT) is company limited by guarantee that was formed in January 2005 to protect and promote the interests of angling and recreational fisheries in the UK.
2. FACT encompasses the work undertaken hitherto by the National Angling Alliance (NAA), the Moran Committee, and the Joint Angling Development Board (JADB). Its subscribing members are:-
• Anglers’ Conservation Association (ACA)
• Angling Trades Association (ATA)
• Professional Coarse Fisheries Association (PCFA)
• National Association of Fisheries & Angling Consultatives (NAFAC)
• National Federation of Anglers (NFA)
• National Federation of Sea Anglers (NFSA)