Job title: Campaigns Research Officer
Reporting to: Head of Science & Policy/Deputy CEO
Contract: Full time post, flexible working possible
Deadline for applications: 01st August
To apply: send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a bright and personable individual who is passionate about improving aquatic habitats and achieving healthy wild fish populations to join our policy and campaigns team to provide evidence for action. The role will involve researching a diverse range of pressures impacting our wild fish populations, including water quality pressures from agriculture, water companies and industries, over abstraction and salmon farming.
The role will include:
- desk-based research, and helping to compile evidence and case studies to inform our lobbying and potential legal action.
- working with our campaigns team to devise and develop our campaigns on a range of issues impacting wild fish populations at local, regional and national level.
- building links with external stakeholders.
- helping provide supporters with the information they need to engage with the decision-making process.
- Experience of synthesising scientific data and communicating them into impactful communications.
- A confident communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prepared to take the initiative and manage your own workload.
- Degree qualified in a relevant environmental or legal discipline.
What it’s like to work for Salmon & Trout Conservation
We are the UK’s only independent charity campaigning for wild fish and their environment. We take no government money, so are uncompromised in our goal to achieve UK waters that support abundant and sustainable populations of wild fish and all other water-dependent wildlife.
Post Brexit, and as we look to rebuild our economy and communities after Covid, we believe there is a real opportunity for a step change in the way we manage water and our environment. We aim to inspire, inform, involve and influence everyone who can take action to safeguard our water environments. Protecting and standing up for life under the surface is a cause worth fighting for, both for current and future generations.
You will be a core member of a small, highly motivated team driven to really make a difference for our water environments and wild fish populations.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: Sunday 1st August.
Interviews will be held via zoom.
Please send a covering letter explaining why you would be good for the role and your cv to email@example.com
No Agencies please.